Friday, December 26, 2008

Skywatch Friday and How to Add Blogger Label Cloud


This was taken earlier in the week at Kalemegdan Park.

I'm trying a new blog layout! I wanted more columns but still wanted to keep my pictures at 700px. And I'm thrilled with the labels cloud for blogger, where instead of a long simple list of tags (i.e. labels) they're displayed in a "cloud" with a larger font for tags used more frequently. There are ready-made widgets that will do that, but usually they'll make tags from any of the text on your blog and you'll wind up with some screwy keywords. I found (and followed) these instructions for changing the blogger list of labels to the cloud here: phydeaux 3. If you're not used to customizing your blogs' html/xml settings it might look complicated on first glance, but actually it's pretty step-by-step, cut-and-paste. And then visitors to your blog can browse by topic without having to scroll down a long, long list of tags! :-)

Skywatch Friday

12 comments:

Pat 12:50 PM  

Nice Skywatch!! And I know it's coooold in the photo.

I've been meaning to sort of update my layout too, but one thing leads to another and I don't get to it. Maybe in 2009...!

Sharon 12:58 PM  

Beautiful, crisp photo!

Steffi 1:11 PM  

Happy SWF!Nice photo!

The Good Life in Virginia 3:29 PM  

lovely capture...and i like the way you have set up your blog...
happy holidays from botetourt county virginia.

Ana 4:13 PM  

Sjajna fotografija, kao i uvek:)

Tanya Breese 4:54 PM  

Gorgeous skywatch photo!

Anonymous 5:14 PM  

Ooh that looks cold, but a beautiful sky with the feeble sunlight peeking through the bare tree.

Nice new layout too!

Tash 6:28 PM  

Neat scene with the long afternoon shadows. I like your new layout - I tried view by subject & you are right it works well.

CeciliaGallerani 6:29 PM  

I like your blog's new look, Greg. It really showcases the photo. And this photo has one of my favorite subjects (winter tree). You caught that sun beautifully! Wishing you a belated Merry Christmas!

Belgrade Daily Photo 6:55 PM  

Thanks, everyone.

Mkhansen, Who is Greg?

Arija 2:01 PM  

A superb photo, love the tree, the light and particularly tha glint on the snow/ice.

CeciliaGallerani 10:00 PM  

Oops! My apologies -- Greg is at Liege City Daily Photo. I was trying to wish everyone a Merry Christmas before I left for my weekend trip, and there were clearly too many distractions. (It's not that I can't tell the difference between Belgrade and Liege; I once got picked up by the police in Belgrade, so I remember it very well!)

Photoblogs.org - The Photoblogging ResourceView My Profilecoolphotoblogs.commy profileVFXY PhotosAdd to Technorati Favoritesphotoblog-community Photography Art Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory

Weather in Celsius

Other City Daily Photo Blogs

CDPB Logo
Search by city:  
+ Africa
+ Asia & Australia
+ Europe & Middle East
+ North America
+ South America

View By Subject